Friday, December 6, 2013

Outfit of the Day 108


 



Cardigan: Forever 21+ | Top: Target | Ring: Domino Dollhouse | Skirt: Forever 21+ | Pantyhose: Spanx | Shoes: Target

It totally didn't occur to me when I put this look together that I've worn this top & shoe combination here before. That's okay, of course, but I do try to make sure I mix it up as much as possible. I really felt the shoes were a good fit here, though, given the ripped pantyhose.

Speaking of ripped pantyhose, I actually have a bit of a product review. I bought these Spanx pantyhose last week, and frankly I'm not at all impressed. I've only ever purchased one other pair of pantyhose from Spanx, and they ripped the very first time I put them on ... exactly like these did. That first pair was a few years ago, and at the time I was largely willing to chalk it up to bad luck, but twice in a row? It's not like I'm a pantyhose noob (can't wait to see the search analytics for that combo), I never run my pantyhose when I'm putting them on, and I wear pantyhose nearly 365. Anyhow, outside of that, I'm also really not impressed with the metallic sheen on these hose. I have a similar style from Target, and although they didn't fit me and I thought the material was scratchy and uncomfortable as hell, they did have more of that metallic shimmer that I was hoping these would have.

Anyhow, suffice to say, I'm not impressed with Spanx brand pantyhose, and frankly I don't get how so many women sing the praises of them. Then again, I'm a total hosiery snob, and I don't think any American companies make pantyhose anywhere near the quality found in European brands. Opaque tights are a different story, as I quite like We Love Colors and Sock Dreams.

Since I put my finger through these pantyhose when I was putting them on, and I didn't want them to go completely to waste, I decided to just get a bit more rough with them and make a few more runs. Viola, punk chic. It works.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment