Friday, November 22, 2013

Outfit of the Day 99



Jacket, Top, & Skirt: Forever 21+ | Tights: We Love Colors | Shoes: Payless

I only managed to get three photographs today, as the natural light outside just wasn't cooperating, but I think I captured everything I wanted to. Originally with this outfit I wanted to try this blue pleated skirt with a pair of mustard color tights, but alas, it turns out I don't have any mustard tights. Ah, well. This is the look that spawned out of that thought, however.

I spent a lot of time looking in the mirror trying to decide if I should wear this jacket here or not, but in the end I decided to go for it. It's too bad it's burgundy and not a brown that matches the boots, but there's still something about it that I like and think works. Astute viewers may notice that I've worn this same jacket in black quite a bit here on the blog, and while I tried the black version here, it just didn't feel right. 

I'm happy with how this one came together, if only because I had a surprising amount of fun mixing around all the colors. Once upon a time I used to wear black pretty exclusively, so it's really nice to be stepping outside of that and wearing more colors. That's all for this one. Seeya tomorrow!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the colors work with this outfit! The jacket is fab in burgundy. And I'm digging the detail on the shirt placket, it really gives the impression of a tie without being a tie, and I like that.

    ReplyDelete