Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Outfit of the Day 97




Dress: ASOS Curve | Necklace: Domino Dollhouse | Tights: We Love Colors | Shoes: Ashley Stewart

It's totally paradoxical, but once upon a time I used to try pretty hard to avoid wearing anything too feminine. Eventually, I realized how ridiculous that idea was given the very nature of this blog, and I've been a lot happier since. Up until I bought this dress, however, I have completely avoided flower prints, as there was still some lingering self-doubts about it being too pretty for me.

I bought this dress with the thought that it would create a great outfit if I paired this flowery, pretty dress with some more harsh, hard femme type styling. Enter studded things! I think it turned out pretty well!

I'm giving a whole lot of leg in that leg shot, so there's that. I do want to quickly mention that these shoes are totally uncomfortable, and although I've had them for a long time I believe this is the first time I've featured them here on the blog because they are pretty unbearable to wear for very long. As of present they are totally just ten minute photo session shoes, but hey, I think they work pretty well here. With any luck I can slowly break them in and make them a bit more wearable. #Fatshionistaproblems, y'all.

Also, I think I love my hair.

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I thought of you yesterday. National Public Radio was doing a story on fashion trends among the young folks -- they eschew brand loyalty and prepackaged outfits in favor of mixing and matching separates into their own unique outfit. One young lady said that when she wants inspiration she'll go online searching for "outfit of the day".

    Right away I said "Spookshow!" and wondered if yours is the first hit she comes to, and how she would react.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I do that type of search all the time too. Sometimes I might have an idea for a color combination that isn't immediately obvious if it will work, or otherwise just want to see some other ways people have worn certain style, so I'll hit up Google and search for OOTDs incorporating those ideas. It can be pretty helpful.

      Delete
  2. I love love love the whole look, including the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice look. Too bad the shoes don't fit well. Hopefully over time you can break them in.
    Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooove this outfit!

    ReplyDelete