Monday, August 26, 2013

OOTD: Burn Away (Remix)




Skirt: ASOS Curve
Tights: Forever 21+
Shoes: Crocs

In my last OOTD post, I mentioned that I had a work meeting to attend and would be changing my outfit before heading over to that. This is the outfit I changed into. It's pretty much just a remix of this OOTD from earlier this month, but hey, it was a great outfit and I wanted to rock it out again. 

I've mentioned it before here on the blog, but when I'm not busy being a stay at home dad and homemaker, I am a makeup artist. For me, that mostly just relates to working at a haunted attraction during September and October. One of the perks of being a makeup artist is that we are not beholden to the same dress code rules as many other employees, because most of us have awesome dyed hair, piercings, tattoos, and all that fun. I'm digressing a bit here; what I wanted to say is that I decided to change the skirt up for this remix to something a bit longer and more work appropriate. I also knew I'd have to be doing a lot of running around and such, so I swapped the heels for some comfortable yet still awesome flats.

It's totally a good thing that I swapped shoes, as well, because it wound up pouring rain and I actually stepped in several potholes in the backstage area. These shoes were actually awesome for that, because while my foot slipped out of the shoe in a totally strange way both times that I did it, it managed to keep me from turning my ankle or otherwise wiping out. Whew! Unfortunately, the tights did not survive the experience, as I managed to wear giant holes in the heels of both legs. Drats! Thankfully, however, I picked up another pair the last time I ordered from Forever 21, haha.

Speaking of shopping, I actually bought four pairs of this skirt, as they were on clearance and I figured they would be perfect for work. Again, as a makeup artist, it isn't uncommon for me to get paint on my clothes, so it's important to me to not wear my super nice clothing while working, but that doesn't mean I don't want to look stylish. While I'm not likely to do a work outfit OOTD, I'll just tell you here that my work outfit for this year will pretty much consist of this skirt, many different pairs of tights, and these shoes, with a work provided t-shirt. 

I had a good time at the meeting. There have been a lot of positive changes at my place of employment over the year, and I'm really pleased with the general direction our department has taken. I received a lot of compliments on this outfit from my coworkers, though I did have one funny experience I want to share here. I was walking backstage with a friend while heading to the meeting. There's always a lot of activity backstage, as I work for a major theme park, and while many of my fellow makeup department coworkers have been cool and supportive of me, that same sentiment doesn't often extend to the myriad other departments on property. Anyways, as we were heading over to the meeting, there was a tech services guy driving a golf cart past us. As he drove up to us, I noticed him give me a very rude look and saw him mouth the words, "What the fuck?" and then I heard him say (rather loudly), "That's fucked up!" He actually stopped as he passed us and just glared at me, very obviously. It's not something I'm unused to, and I gave exactly zero fucks, but my friend turned to me and was like, "What just happened?" I laughed and said, "Yeah, welcome to walking next to a boy in a dress." She gave me a quizzical yet sympathetic look and replied, "Yeah, I wasn't sure that's what that was. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't being a jerk but ... wow."

Anyhow, this is getting pretty long for just an OOTD post, so if you've stuck around and read this far .. thanks! I hope you found my commentary entertaining, and don't be afraid to chime in down in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you! I'll be back very soon with more updates ... so keep rockin'! 

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I need that fucking shirt like, yesterday. Seriously.

    You are one gorgeous man. I wish that I could let all the hate flow off me like you do. Haters gunna hate and all that shit.

    But I love your fashion style! You're better dressed than most women I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought that shirt, seeing it on you I seriously regret not getting it! I love the way you style clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely style. I also wear skirts, dresses, & heels as everyday attire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so proud of you! staring down an asshat while offering a very polite 101 to a nice coworker - that's a hella tricky combo!

    ReplyDelete