Sunday, August 4, 2013

OOTD: At the Beach


 

 


Sunglasses: Domino Dollhouse
Swimsuit: Modcloth
Shoes: Crocs

Over the weekend I went to Daytona Beach with Mrs. Spookshow & Bridget. I've been pretty excited about this trip since I got this swimsuit, because I knew it would be fun to finally get to rock this one out on the beach. Finally breaking down my mental barriers and seizing the confidence to wear a beautiful suit like this one out has been a very liberating and meaningful life experience for me, and Mrs. Spookshow certainly appreciates my new found love for the water, haha.

I had a lot of fun taking these photos on the beach, and we spent the rest of the early afternoon just relaxing and enjoying ourselves. A close friend of ours was able to come up and visit us, so getting to hang out with her on the beach and socialize was super fun. I'm sure a lot of readers here would like to know more about how my experience was on the beach as a man in a swimsuit traditionally marketed to women, and the answer there is that it was surprisingly (and thankfully) uneventful. There were, of course, a lot of craning necks and surprised stares, and more than a few camera phones from up on the dock, but nothing disruptive or negative was directed at me. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but also decided that I really just couldn't care or worry about that, but it was really great to just have it be a pretty much non-event. That's really the ideal here, you know?

Anyhow, it's so cool to finally have some beach photos in this suit! I'm really happy about that, and hope y'all like them. I'm gonna close this post out with a few photos of Bridget and myself, just for fun, to give a glimpse of our Spookshow beach vacation!





Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh, Bridget's mermaid costume is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST YES! You rock that swimsuit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!!! Love that suit on you. And the photos of you and Bridget--and her adorable mermaid suit--are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you wear......but.......are you wearing pantyhose with that bathing suit? ohh! that is a NO! NO! NO!! LET THE SKIN BREATHE!!! SET THOSE LEGS FREE!!! YOU LOOK FAB IN EVERYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete