Tuesday, August 6, 2013

OOTD: Animate





Belt: Torrid
Skirt: Simply Be
Tights: ?
Shoes: Target

When I'm playing video games on my PC, I really like the colors to be bright and vivid, so my picture settings on the television I use as a monitor are jacked towards that end. As a result, sometimes when I order things online the color of the item is totally different in real life as opposed to what I saw on my screen when I ordered it. This skirt is a prime example of that.

I really wasn't expecting this tone of blue when I ordered this skirt, and it's proven to be kinda difficult to incorporate with the other items in my closet. I've actually tried to figure out what to wear with it several times over the past while, but it wasn't until today that it finally clicked. I feel like this outfit really channels some animated cartoon character whimsy, but that's feelin' pretty spot on today, so hey!

The polka dot top is really fun. I especially love the back detail. I'd actually been opposed to tops and dresses that show off my back until recently, but now that we are in the middle of summer here, I'm certainly enjoying it, haha. I figured the red heels would really pop here, and while I would have liked to add a red necklace or bracelet with this outfit just to help tie them in a bit, I didn't have anything in the right tone. Ah, well, I think it still works. Of course, I just had to add in this awesome cat ear bowler hat from Domino Dollhouse, because, well ... awesome! Haha. Also, polka dot tights for the win!

Thanks for reading!

Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. You do indeed look like a cartoon character! In the most adorable way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you are rocking that outfit! Really classy, bold colour combo with the red and the blue, but the polka dots definitely add the fun touch. Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! By the way what size shoe do you wear? You always have fabulous shoes and I just am curious where you shop if your foot is larger like mine (I wear a size 12 in women's) Just curious love (and respect) your style!!!

    Jen L.

    ProjectPeeved.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with your thoughts. Fashion is free.
    Love it
    http://casperever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't see an animated character but that outfit does seem very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is super adorable! :) I love your shoes too, i'm always shocked by some of the awesome things you can pick up at target. They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG LOVE this post:) your blog Is always so inspiring and lovely.

    Check out my new post...a guide to Swedish living:)

    have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect, I think that blue fits you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG !!! I love your heels !!!!

    ReplyDelete