Saturday, July 13, 2013

OOTD: Glamorgue


Necklace: Domino Dollhouse
Shoes: Pleaser

We're having a little party today at the Spookshow Lair with a 1950s horror rockabilly zombie apocalypse a la the film "Fido" theme. Here's my outfit for the occasion! When Mrs. Spookshow came up with the idea for this party she also came up with this dress design for me. We took a simple black shirt dress and cut a "blood spatter" stencil and proceeded to paint bloody red polka dots on the dress. It turned out pretty awesome. I just happened to have these bloody heels in the closet, and had just picked up this awesome fang necklace from Domino Dollhouse, so putting together this one was pretty easy, really. It's super fun.



We're gonna be decorating horror-themed cookies, sipping on cocktails, and listening to a horror punk mixtape I've put together. Sounds like a good day, eh?

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. SO, when I first saw your blog through the Militant Baker, I was confused, intrigued, and plain out curious. After reading why you dress like you do... I say... why not. I can agree. Ladies clothing is way more appealing. (fair, since I am one). However, I remember in middle school wearing a dress shirt and tie and being made fun of horribly. Its wrong. Have fun with it. You obviously rock it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, Amandadear! It's surprising how much of a backlash there can be for stepping outside of the gender binary even a little bit. It's unfortunate, especially considering that most people never even really question many of the gender stereotypes that exist. Anyhow, thanks for the kind words and encouragement, I really appreciate it! Keep rockin'! <3

      Delete
  2. you rock it well indeed! and you really do have an awesome sense of style! all of your clothes are ones i would love to see my wife wear! plus, i have to admit your legs are very attractive and you definitely show them off well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely fun that Mrs. Spookshow raids MY closet when she wants to get dressed up, haha. Anyhow, I appreciate the compliments! Keep rockin'!

      Delete
  3. How did I not find you before this? I absolutely agree with your views on men having fashion freedom and you have the most exquisite style on planet earth! I bow at your awesomeness.
    http://hapyshoppe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your message and as a plus size lady I am way into how you rock your clothes. I found you via modcloth (who also treats us right) and I was so excited to learn about new places to buy clothes. I just went on an Asos curve mini shopping spree. New fan here <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    Personal I think it is positive to stir in people's heads about gender roles mm. Sometimes when people see me they do not know how to put in trays or occasionally behave for one. It gets people to start thinking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say it that I adore your blog, I love pretty much everything you wears and I want you to be happy :).

    ReplyDelete