Sunday, June 30, 2013

OOTD - Remember Me


Dress - Modcloth
Pantyhose - Levante
Shoes - Madden Girl

I saw this dress on Modcloth last week, and just absolutely had to snatch it up. I'm really loving the nautical trend that's going on right now, and a-line dresses are a constant love of mine. I decided to keep this one pretty simple and just let the dress shine, so I've kept my jewelry to a minimum and only wore a single gold bracelet. It's a nice touch of simplicity, I think, and black pantyhose with nude heels seemed the best way to complete the look. 

Unfortunately, I'm still sick with a head cold as I mentioned in my last OOTD, but I think I did a pretty good job of hiding it here. Getting all dressed up and looking super cute has really helped me feel better, and I think keeping in good spirits will help me get better soon.

I decided to try a different locale for this photoset, and took these pictures out on the lake in our backyard. It was one of the main features we really liked when we bought this house, but sadly we haven't used it very much. I've actually tried to take photos out on the dock before, but they've never turned out so well. Given the nautical flare of this dress, it seemed the perfect setting. I'm really happy with how these turned out, and I feel super cute, haha.


As I was heading back inside I suddenly felt inspired to take a photo walking back down the dock, so I set the timer on the camera and tried my hand at strutting down the wooden catwalk, haha. I was a little concerned going barefoot, but surprisingly no pantyhose were harmed in the making of this photo, haha.

That's all for this set, ya'll. As always, let me know what you think in the comments below.

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Wooow, this dress is wonderful!

    kisses from Germany

    Elli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is indeed an awesome dress! So glad I picked it up.

      Much love from Florida! <3

      Delete
  2. oh wow, gorgeous dress, gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah I'm really happy with how this photoset turned out, especially considering how disastrous all previous attempts at this location have been. Thank you! <3

      Delete
  3. Wow stunning backdrop! Love that dress, you definitely rock it and don't look sick at all. Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sian! I'm usually pretty good at hiding sick, and I'm glad it doesn't read in the photos as I was worried it may. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm sure I'll be back to five by five soon. Keep rockin'!

      Delete
  4. Too bad to hear your unwell. I wish you all the best! Your rocking that dress! The posing is super cute aswell. ^_^

    ReplyDelete