Tuesday, June 4, 2013

OOTD: Bonehead

Hey, everyone! Time for another OOTD, okay? Let's go!


Top: ASOS Curve
Belt: ASOS Curve
Skirt: ASOS Curve
Shoes: Madden Girl

Whoa, spamming ASOS a bit today, eh? Ah, well, I love it! I think I've got a theme going on here at the blog, as I feel I'm posting a lot of  looks with similar silhouettes lately. I never really knew the terms for it before, but I've always really enjoyed skater / fit & flare skirts, and thankfully they seem to be pretty hot right now, which means more availability! Seems clothing that I really like has been "in" over the past few seasons, which has been great for building up my wardrobe (but bad for my finances, haha).


Slam the brakes! Sexy pose time, haha. I'm not quite sure what possessed me, but it seemed fun, so here you go. I really love these Madden Girl heels (I've got them in 3 other colors, yowzah!), and couldn't resist picking them up in nude. I'm not entirely sure what I'll pair them with, but I'm pretty pleased with the purchase anyhow.


Skulls rank pretty high for me too (hey, I am Mr. Spookshow, after all), so I'm wearing this cool blue skull print top today. I think the dark blue and wet look skirt look really awesome together, something about the texture just works really well. I think gold and blue is a pretty good and seemingly underused combo, so I decided to throw in a gold belt and bracelet to the mix.


Oh yeah, so I also thought it would be fun for little Bridget to make her OOTD debut today! She's wearing a skull print as well, although it's a bit hard to tell from the photo. It's hard to believe it's been over four months since she came into our lives, and it's been quite an adventure already, haha! Thankfully, she's pretty much the happiest baby I've ever met (although you couldn't exactly tell from this picture, but she was waking up from a nap, haha), so it's been a pretty good situation. I've managed to adjust relatively easily to my new role as a stay at home dad (I should probably do more vacuuming, though, haha), and it's been great. Running after a baby in heels can be a challenge, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's it for this one, ya'll. Hope you enjoyed, and feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below! See ya soon!

6 comments:

  1. Great outfit; you look great and happy shorn. Is Bridget a redhead??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, she might be. It's pretty hard to tell. My wife and I were both sandy blondes as children, and Bridget's hair normally appears that color as well. It totally looks reddish in this photo, though.

      Delete
  2. You make me want to go out and buy a million of those skirts!

    -Danielle
    CurvesCultsCurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First: Oh man, I really love your blog, and I gotta say I'm really giddy over you commenting on one of my posts! So awesome!

      Also, I kinda want a million of these skirts as well. It's been super hard not to wear this one ALL THE TIME since I got it, honestly, as I just find myself pairing it with every top I pull out and thinking, "Yep, looks great with this too!" Do you ever get obsessed with a particular garment and find it hard to resist wearing it "too often" on your blog?

      Keep rockin'!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous outfit. Love that belt, I agree gold and blue work together really nicely.

    Sometimes I look at my outift descriptions and think whoa do I shop anywhere but asos? Haha. I'm loving all the skull prints and move towards more alternative/spooky looks that is going on in fashion at the moment. I bought that skirt, but it was too short and I didn't want to flash anyone! I don't know if you shop at SimplyBe, but I just did a quick post about their A/W line and its gorgeously gothic.

    Your daughter is so cute! Love her skulls onesie. :)

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sian! As always, I really appreciate the compliments! :)

      Yeah, I think most of my closet is Forever 21+, but hey, what can I say? Indeed, it seems like a lot of styles that I've always loved have been "in" for the past year or so, which has been great for my closet and horrible for my bank account.

      This skirt is indeed short, but it kinda makes me feel amazing when I wear it, so ... haha.

      I have shopped at SimplyBe before, but not much being honest. That said, I just recently took advantage of a nice sale and have some pretty awesome items on the way to me, so hopefully I'll be able to show those here very soon. I'm very excited about it!

      Bridget is pretty damn adorable, haha, so thanks! Can't wait til she gets a little older and can actively pick some outfits of her own and strike a pose here with me! :D

      Delete