Saturday, June 8, 2013

OOTD: Airwaves Remix

Today was just one of those days where it took me forever to figure out what to wear. Gotta hate that, but in the end I decided to remix a look that I wasn't quite happy with the first time around. Let's get to it!



Shorts: ?
Shoes: ?

So, I totally can't remember where I got these shorts or shoes. Oops. The top, however, was made by Mrs. Spookshow, and is the main focus of this remix anyhow. I first wore it here, and in retrospect after posting it I wasn't entirely happy with the proportions of the outfit. It's such an awesome top that it's a crime I haven't remixed it into something better before now, but here we are now.


I'm not quite sure how to pair a top like this with a skirt (can it really even be done?), so I decided to just let it be the star here and put on my short shorts, haha. I think it would work really well with pants (or more likely leggings, as I don't really wear pants ever), but it's summer time here and I wanted to show some leg anyways, heh.


Speaking of legs, here's a closer shot of these shoes. I've somehow managed to not photograph these for the blog either, as they've just kinda lurked in my closet since I bought them last year. Truthfully, they've been neglected because more often than not the pantyhose I wear have a reinforced toe, but since these barely black pantyhose have a sandal foot it seemed a perfect time to give these shoes a spin. It occurs to me now that you can't really make out the details of the shoe much in the photo above, but it was my favorite leg shot so there you go, haha. You'll just have to trust me when I tell you that the shoes have a low heel on them (about 1.5 inches, I'd guesstimate).


That's all for this one, ya'll. I hope you enjoyed this little remix OOTD. I think I should try to do more remixes here on the blog, so if you're up for a His Black Dress adventure, why not go take a look through the rest of my OOTDs and let me know what pieces you'd like to see remixed!

2 comments:

  1. Love that top, the colour is gorgeous. I think you could wear a skirt with it, but the length might be a problem. Those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the print is really fantastic. As much as I love the pattern we made this from, I do kinda feel like this fabric could have been used on something I could wear more. Ah, well. I've yet to figure out how to work a skirt with this top, because of the length and asymmetry. *shrug* Shorts or leggings will work, though. :)

      Delete