Monday, April 22, 2013

OOTD: Otaku

Hey, everyone! Time for another OOTD, so let's get to it!


Blazer: Forever 21+
Top: Macy's
Skirt: ASOS Curve
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Franco Sarto

I've been watching too much anime recently, and it's kinda bled over into this outfit. I'm not sure how much it actually reads as anime / manga inspired, but that's what was in my head when I put it together. This outfit actually started from the shoes, as I wanted to wear these around the house today to start breaking them in. The shoes are actually for a cosplay I'm working on (this seems a perfect time to mention my cosplay blog I've started recently, KigurumiForVillains.com, so check that out if you're interested), and while I actually kinda hated them when I bought them, I'm kinda digging them here, haha.


Since I was already talking about the shoes, I'm going to interrupt my usual OOTD photo flow and go ahead with the shoe photo. They are just basic black loafers, essentially japanese school uniform style. I decided to pair them with white tights here, for maximum kawaii!


Here's a shot sans jacket, just to show this top. I purchased this top from Macy's a while back (in this hot pink as well as black) when I was looking for some more business / professional type clothing. I've previously really never had any need for business type clothing, so I don't have any, but remember jury duty back in February? It kinda highlighted that weak spot in my wardrobe, and so it's something I wanted to try to get at least one outfit together for. That's where this top and the jacket came from, and I also picked up a pretty nice but basic black suit skirt as well. Perhaps I'll do an OOTD with all of that sometime here, and show you my office look, haha.



I thought it would be fun to pose with an anime magazine in this set, so here I am making a weird face at the latest copy of Otaku USA, haha. Speaking of anime, I've been watching The Future Diary recently, and I just wanna say how awesome it is! This is a fashion blog, though, and not an anime blog, so I'll just say I highly recommend it if you are an otaku like me! 

That's all I've got for this one, guys. Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. NERRRRD.

    Kidding! I too am an anime nerd, although I haven't been nearly as involved in fandom stuff since I graduated from college. The only new-ish series I've watched lately has been Shirokuma Cafe, although I've slowly been rewatching Mushishi (so beautiful and atmospheric!) and reading Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service (if you don't read it, it seems like it'd be up your alley!). It's neat that you're blogging about kigurumi. I used to cosplay, but in the past kigurumi costumes always kind of freaked me out a bit (there's something about it that just felt menacing to me, especially in high school), so it's eye-opening to read about why it appeals to you!

    Anyway, I am 100% off-topic, so let me just say that I can completely see the anime inspiration here--the pieces are bright and graphic, and it does look like the outfit of a character from a slice-of-life series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll have to check out that manga you mentioned, Mia. Thanks for the recommend!

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say that I love your blog. You and I are very like minded. I started a blog about a year backat CasualCrossdresser.com before I ever learned there weas a term called Freestyle Fashion. So my take is exactly the same. Pushing boundaries for men in fashion so that we can have more choice. Ideally having no gender line in fashion.

    I want to find more people like us, because there are a lot of traditional crossdressers that have their girl-mode and guy-mode. It's very fetish-like as opposed to being more casual or freestyle. Most of the communities seem to cater to them. They are cool people no doubt, but harder for someone like me to relate to than someone like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever wear hats? This outfit is just screaming for a cute bucket hat!

    Or maybe that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to avoid hats for the same reasons I avoid hair ... I want to be sure I can receive clear communications from the Mothership. ;)

      In all seriousness, hats have never really been a "thing" to me, so I've usually written them off. Your comment here, though, kinda stuck in my head for some reason and as a result I ordered not one but two hats last week. Look for at least one of them here on the blog soon, haha!

      Thanks for that!

      Delete