Wednesday, April 10, 2013

OOTD: Hunted

Hey, everyone! Back with another OOTD, but just a quick one today! Let's get to it!


Dress: City Chic Online
Shoes: Target

So this is the last of the colorblock skater dresses that I bought in multiple colors. It's also got reverse colors from last OOTD, fun! I love these skater dresses, ya'll, because they are super comfortable and super fun. This pink one didn't seem to photograph very true to color, as it's a really hot pink similar to a lot of the other hot pinks I've worn here on the blog lately. Hey, it's my new favorite color, haha.


Once again it's game night at the Spookshow lair, which meant another perfect opportunity to dress up. That makes me pretty happy. As a minor note on my wardrobe in general, today I made a huge step towards making sure I stay out of the fashion blahs by getting rid of all of my "around the house" shorts. I now only actually own 4 pairs of shorts / pants, which is awesome but kinda surreal. I guess it really is skirts and dresses all the time now for me, though, haha.


I really dig these shoes, though they are a bit tight. I'm hoping they'll break in a bit as I wear 'em, as I think they add a lot of fun possibilities to my wardrobe. It's kinda mind blowing to me how much my sartorial tastes have broadened since I started this fashion blog, as the Michael Spookshow of two years ago would have never even looked twice at all these pops of bright color. It's been very enriching, and I've had a lot of fun experimenting with new choices. I definitely encourage ya'll to take risks and step outside your usual sartorial preferences every once and awhile. You never know what you might love!


Anywho, that's all for this one, folks. I've had a really interesting opportunity come my way recently, and hopefully I'll be able to talk about that here soon if it all pans out. Until next time, keep rockin'!


6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this dress! The proportions are spot on and I adore the contrasting pop of the shoes. Fantastic outfit~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Michael, keep it up.
    Men should no longer be limited in fashion from clothing to makeup or what ever they wish to wear, men should be able to enjoy the same freedom as any woman enjoys today in clothing, then and only then will their be true equality between the genders. Why can't men be pretty? why can't men take the same steps to be beautiful as any woman takes for granted today. Why do men have to be drones like worker bee's and never able to enjoy the honey. Why are men only allowed to be drones and solders, is that all they are good for? dieing in battle or laboring and never enjoying the same benefits that woman enjoy today in dress and other pursuits. Remove the Barriers between the genders and have true equality and have free human beings being who they are inside stopping the stereotyping AND Hate once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I need, I really need this dress. So lovely. And I loved the way you composed the look, using shoes with colours that apparently wouldn't go with the dress. And you proved it's ok, Lovely :)




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! Yeah, I loved this style of dress so much that I purchased it in several different colors, haha. Pink and blue are really fun, and I've been playing around with that combo a lot recently it seems. Keep rockin'!

      Delete