Saturday, March 23, 2013

OOTD: Megacon

Hey, everyone! Time for another OOTD! This one is from last weekend (slackin'!) at Megacon, a local anime & comic book convention here in Orlando, Florida. Let's get to it!


Top: Marshalls
Skirt: ASOS Curve
Shoes: Target

I wore this outfit to Megacon on Saturday. Although the con runs all weekend, Saturday is always the biggest day, and it's the day that the most people show up in cosplay. Sadly, I didn't manage to finish my costume in time for the convention, so I decided to cheer myself up by putting together a fun outfit! This outfit just kinda came together through random inspiration; I had a few dresses picked out that I was trying to decide between when I spied this skirt in the closet and pairing it with this top popped into my head. 


This tulip skirt is kinda crazy, ya'll, as it gives me the appearance of hips that I don't really have. It's an interesting shape, and I had a lot of fun with this outfit, from the crazy striped batwing top to these totally awesome wedge sneakers that I can't stop wearing. It definitely helped to cure the blues of not having a costume ready. One negative to the outfit, however, was that I cannot really sit comfortably in this skirt. It's troublesome to really sit down in a chair, and on the ground, forget about it. This is only relevant because the convention hall was packed, and seating was basically impossible to come by. Just a minor issue, and I knew it going in, but it was well worth it in the pursuit of interesting fashion.

I had a really fun experience at the con! It was cool to see all the great costumes, and to hang out with friends. The highlight of my day, though, was having several attendees approach me and ask for a picture after exclaiming, "Whoa, you're the guy from Tumblr!" Apparently I'm internet famous, haha. It was cool (and a bit surreal) to randomly meet people in real life that have seen me on the internet and enjoy my sartorial adventures, and if you're reading I'd like to say thank you to everyone who approached me at the con. It was fun to meet you all.


That's pretty much all I've got for this one. There's still a few days left to enter my Sock Dreams giveaway (see the previous post for that!), and I'm really thrilled to see such a good response to that already! I'll be back very soon with more updates and OOTDs, so until then keep rockin'!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I still lived out there! Would have been really awesome to meet up with you! Glad you had fun. And I'm still totally jealous of those amazing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is an awesome thing to read up! "You're that guy from Tumblr!" Feels good to know that the word's getting out about us...well, guys in dresses [and heels] that is~

    ReplyDelete