Tuesday, March 12, 2013

OOTD: Fun

Hey, everyone! I know things have been a bit quiet here lately, though with a newborn and all I'm sure it's not too shocking. Regardless, I'm baaaack! Let's get to it, eh?


Dress: Macy's
Tights: Hudson City via UKTights.com
Shoes: Madden Girl

I've been in a bit of a fashion funk recently, which is partially the reason for my absence. Do you ever just have a handful of days where you don't really feel like wearing anything special that suddenly just sort of sticks you in a fashion rut? That's where I've been over the past few weeks, but today I decided to break that spell with this outfit. Tuesday's have kinda become the official game night at the Spookshow residence, where we have friends over to play board games (and soon, a Star Wars tabletop RPG I'm running...), so it's always a great opportunity to really put some effort into my dress. Ironically, this dress is pretty effortless, but whatever, haha.


I'm sure I've said this before on the blog, but I've kinda become obsessed with skater dresses. They are just so easy and comfortable to wear, and I think they are a lot of fun. I bought this dress at Macy's right around my birthday, and since I knew it would make me feel great to wear I've just sorta been saving it for a sartorially rainy day, so to speak. Purple and black skater dress to the rescue! 


One of my favorite things about skater dresses are the nice full skirts they have. It's kinda hard to describe if you've never experienced it, but having a lot of fabric in the skirt to swish around as you move is a lot of fun, not to mention very comfortable. I always love photos like the one above when I see then, so I decided to have some fun and take one of my own, haha.


This picture really shows of the length of the skirt (whoa, short, haha!) and these amazing tights! It's also the obligatory shoe photo, although I've worn these shoes in a lot of OOTDs here and sadly they're actually getting a bit worn out. I feel like this outfit would probably be KILLER with my pair of satin black high heels, but that will have to wait for next time, haha. I do want to take a moment and give a proper shout out to these Hudson City cover 40 denier opaque tights, because they are pretty amazing. Living in Florida I don't exactly get to wear opaque tights very often, but thus far of all the black tights I've tried these give the best look by far. 


Anyhow, fun was had by all tonight! It was great to see our friends, and even though we all got eaten by zombies in the game it was still a blast. I think I've managed to pull myself out of the fashion funk, so expect a lot more from me very soon! Next post I've got some great products from SockDreams.com to review (spoilers: they're awesome!), so look for that in the next day or so! As always, please feel free to leave your comments below! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this dress! You do well to look good with a newborn! :)
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and purple!! You are making me jealous. This dress is gorgeous, I wish we had Macy's here too. (Although I've just bought an amazing lace skater-dress in a dashing rapsberry-syrup colour, ha! So I'm not that jelous after all... :))

    Skater dresses are simply the best, they make you rock with so little effort. I love them especially as I usually have to wake up pretty early but should look at least half-decent at my job. (I'm teaching English to business peeps in their suits and ties before their official work hours i.e. from 7.30. Ugh.)

    Oh, and I also adore your studs bracelet. just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this dress have a brand name to it? I've been obsessively looking for it ever since I stumbled across you wearing it! You look fabulous! The outfit is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is. I got it in Blackberry:

      ING Three Quarter Sleeve Colorblocked Dress

      Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete