Sunday, March 24, 2013

OOTD: Falchion

Time for another OOTD! Let's rock!


Jacket: Ashley Stewart
Dress: City Chic Online
Shoes: Payless

I've been trying to make a habit of dressing nicer more often than not lately, both just to make sure I feel better (and ward off any further sartorial blues) and because I have a metric ton of clothes, and thus need to wear them more. I'm actually working on downsizing my closet, so I suspect I might be having a clothes sale post here on the blog at some point. Anyhow, Mrs. Spookshow is away with friends at a renn faire today, so I'm home alone with Bridget. Seems like a perfect time for a nice dress and 5 1/2 inch heels (....not!). I've never been too terribly practical though, ya'll, haha.



This dress may look familiar, but that's because it's the same skater dress as my Birthday OOTD, just in a different color. I loved that skater dress so much that I really regretted not getting a few more of the colors before they sold out. As luck would have it, I was on the City Chic website a few weeks ago and I spied said dresses back in stock (and on sale, to boot)! Needless to say, I scooped them up, so expect to see this skater dress is a couple more colors on the blog as well.


I kinda threw the jacket on at the spur of the moment for the photos because I thought it would look cool. Jacket weather seems to finally be fading here in Florida, and I don't remember wearing this one here on the blog for a while, so here it is.


Crazy shoes, ya'll. Mrs. Spookshow actually bought these for me ages ago while she was out shopping, but I've had some trouble finding a good outfit for them. I'm actually not so used to heels that are this high, and I haven't broken them in fully yet either, so I decided to work on that today since I'd pretty much just be around the house anyways. I wanted to try to tie in the gold buckle detail a bit more with the outfit, hence the necklace. I don't think I'm prepared to wear these out in the wild just yet, but I'm workin' on it, haha.

Anyhow, that's actually all I've got for this one. Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think in the comments below! Also, there's still two more days to enter my Sock Dreams giveaway contest (featured here), so be sure to check that out if you haven't already. I will be back very soon with more! Keep rockin'!

5 comments:

  1. Michael Spookshow, This is as it should be. For all males being able to wear pretty and nice dresses and high heels and be able to enjoy the same fashion freedom and equality in fashions. End gender based clothing and end the Hate it brings with it to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoes are so cute!!
    You should do a whole section on only your shoes!!
    Keep blogging :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and loving it! I'm always pleased to see a diversity of bodies on fashion blogs. Following
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that jacket; the rest of the ensemble looks good on you ^_^

    ReplyDelete