Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mini OOTD: Jury Duty

This is just a quick one today, ya'll, because I want to show off my new backpack and also talk a little bit about how being a boy in a skirt at jury duty went. Let's get to it!


Top: Dress shirt from JC Penney
Skirt: Sportkilt
Tights: Levante
Shoes: Easy Street
Backpack: Dakine

 You might be thinking to yourself, "Gee, self, this outfit sure looks familiar..." and you'd be right, because it's basically the same as one of my OOTDs from last February. I mostly wanted to show this new backpack, however, which just kinda happens to match this outfit today, haha.

So, I totally got my first jury summons ever, and today was the day. I want to say upfront, that I actually had a super amazing, cute dress outfit picked out to wear, but I sadly I kinda chickened out and went with this outfit at the last minute. I feel totally lame for compromising my initial vision, though I still wore a skirt, so it feels like a victory for fashion freedom anyhow, right? I really wanted to wear the dress, and I should have, but I just got really worried about possible bigoted legal complications that I decided to play it a bit safer and more conservative. Anyhow, everything went really well for me, and I didn't have any problems or even receive any negativity .. actually, I got lots of compliments on my outfit. Go figure. Next time I'm so going for the dress. It was such a great and smart outfit, ya'll. Fun factor: I was pretty much the only person not in pants, haha. Predictable.



Anyhow, I bought this backpack recently, both so that I could carry loads of reading material to said jury duty, and also for an upcoming convention I'm attending. I've kinda gotten tired of carrying around purses, so I might actually switch to a backpack primarily when I don't have pockets. I'm not sure if it's strange or not, but I did buy a backpack with a pretty kickass print just in case, haha.

So, that's it for this mini OOTD. Hope ya'll enjoyed. Here's one last picture of my outfit and new backpack. Look for more OOTDs soon, cuz I kinda went on a shopping spree for my birthday!


7 comments:

  1. Way to go! Looks great. I wonder if I'll ever get picked for jury duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backpacks are like purses' slightly more useful cousins, and they're slowly taking over my closet. I enjoy it.
    But I just really especially love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS AND PERFECT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo! Where is the cute dress you wanted to wear??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally on board with the backpack--I have one purse but I'm thinking of looking around for another because my current one is just a taaaad too small. I carry a backpack myself to work (for putting my lunch and purse in when I'm riding my bike), but it's a cross-body satchel style because those just feel more comfortable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear a backpack every day. With a skirt about 40% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ut I sadly I kinda chickened out and went with this outfit at the last minute. I feel totally lame for compromising my initial vision, though I still wore a skirt,

    nothing wrong or weak about being aware of the layoftheland, and acting accordingly. during the uk riots 18months, when our police were giving lifts home to the looters with their loot, lol. i considerd that there was a complete absence of law. so i stopped wearing a skirt and only wore harem pants during that week.

    to dress according to the conditions is wise

    Anyhow, everything went really well for me, and I didn't have any problems or even receive any negativity .. actually, I got lots of compliments on my outfit.

    wow, that so rocks.
    soon as i saw the words,'jury duty'. i went,'oooh, should be interesting'.
    glad the reception went well
    :)

    ReplyDelete