Monday, January 21, 2013

OOTD: Ebb

Hey, everyone! I know I've been away for a little bit, but I'm back now! I've had a pretty busy month preparing the house for baby Spookshow, and in the process managed to fall into a bit of a fashion funk. As a consequence, I haven't felt inspired to write out any OOTD posts here on this blog, instead opting to quickly post my OOTDs up on Tumblr. If you follow my His Black Dress Tumblr, chances are you've seen some of the OOTDs I'll be playing catch up with here (and if you don't .... shame .... SHAAAAAME!). Let's get into it, guys!


Top: Avenue
Shorts: F21+
Tights: Evans US
Shoes: Torrid

I think this is a pretty fun casual look. It's no secret that I'm a big fan of dresses & skirts, but sometimes it's just a shorts day, you know? I like to be a bit more adventurous with my tights selection when I wear shorts, just to add some extra punch!


The print on this top is pretty awesome, it sort of reminds me of Matrix code. It manages to combine some of my favorite colors and features some cool geometric shapes. Win!


I wanted to play with the geometricness of the top by wearing these chevron tights. I feel like it's sort of a bold choice, but I think it really works.


These tights actually wound up being much too big, and they spent the day making a beeline for my awesome shoes (who can blame them though, eh? haha!), but I liked the style so much that I ordered them in a smaller size. I can't remember if I've featured these shoes on the blog yet, but in any case lets just take a moment to acknowledge how awesome they are. I generally dislike flat shoes, so it takes some awesome details to sell me. These particular shoes didn't have to work to hard on that sell, haha. I've been wearing them a lot, honestly.


I've got a few more posts to catch up on, so that's all for this one today. Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think in the comments below!

1 comment: