Monday, January 21, 2013

OOTD: Divide

Looks like double shorts posts here on His Black Dress. Let's get to it!


Top: Ashley Stewart
Shorts: *shrug*
Fishnets: F21+
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Torrid

As I mentioned in the last post, when I wear shorts I tend to try to make bolder tights choices. This entire outfit was built around the layered tights, and I kinda love it!


This top was a bit of an impulse buy. It was one of those items that I saw and liked, but wasn't quite sure what I would pair it with. I think it's a fun pairing here, even though I'm not entirely sold on that beige color.


I wore this outfit for one of our game nights with some friends. The tights were highly complimented, but unfortunately the bold shock of colors and patterns didn't manage to daze my opponents and allow me a sweeping victory. Ah, well.

The fishnets I've layered over the opaques here were actually a complete fluke. See, when I purchased them, they were actually listed as fishnet thigh high socks. I thought they might be fun to try to layer over some tights with a dress, but when they arrived at my door it turned out they were actually tights. That honestly worked out better in the end, and I really dig layering them over other tights for a fun look.



That's it for this one, folks. I hope you enjoyed this OOTD, which unexpectedly winds up being my last OOTD with hair! Uh, oh. As always, let me know what you thought of this outfit in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Nice, punchy casual. Have to say that I'm not so sure about that beige being right near your face - it's a bit of a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is PERFECTION! Love the colors

    sarlakitu

    ReplyDelete