Saturday, January 26, 2013

Baby Spookshow Arrives!


Welcome to our haunted little world, Bridget Amelia! 

So yep, this happened! We've just arrived home with our new bundle of joy. After spending my last blog entry speculating about the interestingness of having a boy child with regards to this blog, naturally we'd have a girl, haha! It's great, though, of course, and my little feminist heart is aflutter. This is going to be so much fun!

Bridget was born on January 24th at 9:47 pm EST, weighing 9 lbs and 7 ounces (sorry, Mrs. Spookshow!)! Everything went very well, and both her and Mrs. Spookshow are in very good health. The delivery was a surreal experience, and I was really surprised at how tranquil and serene it was. It was nothing like the births I've seen in media, and it's an experience I'll never forget. 


Fun fact, Bridget has the most awesome initials ever .... B.A.M. (you didn't think Spookshow was my real last name, did you?)! She'll no doubt thank us later, haha.


Fun fact number two ... Wesley Graves was our boy name of choice had it went the other way, but fate agreed with us that BAM is a way cooler name, haha.


Mrs. Spookshow snapped a somewhat candid photo of me with Bridget, and although it's not my best angle I'm including it here anyhow, haha.


Here's a great shot of Mrs. Spookshow & Bridget! I know this post has no relevance to boys in skirts but I wanted to be sure to share this life experience with my readers here. Next post I will show my OOTD from the delivery day (I wasn't trying to fatshionista it up that day, but I liked my outfit and have a funny story about it so ...), so look for a return to my sartorial adventures soon!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She looks so darn cute. Glad to hear everything went so well, and both the Mrs. and the little one are in good health. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I'm so glad everything went well, she is SO adorable, and she looks so much like you! I'm so glad that Bridget will be free to dress however she wants and you won't raise her with any stereotypes, or homophobia, or transphobia or any of that hate :) She's gonna be awesome! (and hey, you never know, she might be trans and you'll wind up with a boy after all, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Toby! Yep, Bridget will definitely have the freedom to be whoever she is, and I can't wait to discover that along with her (or him). I'll be completely honest, I do hope she winds up being a geeky girl gamer that also happens to enjoy expressing herself through unique sartorial choices, but if that's somehow not what she identifies with that's great too. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a built in Player Two, is all I'm saying, haha.

      Delete
    2. Haha aww that'd be so cool. :3 I think she will like playing games with her dad! And you will be such a great fashion inspiration for her, if she chooses to be interested in that. :D

      I hope that you're still blogging for many years to come so I can see Bridget grow up. I don't want kids myself, but damn, I really get excited about other people's new babies. So much cuteness! So much potential! So much love and happiness! I'm really jealous of her having such good parents as you and Mrs. Spookshow. You all look so loving and calm together. You both look amazed at her and she looks amazed at you right back, it's so sweet.

      I bet her hair is really soft, isn't it? :D

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!! Congrats! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. Shes so beautiful and the photo of the three of you is just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, good sir! May you two raise her to be the best she can be. Such a cutie!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats with the new little Spookshow! Glad to hear that both she and her mother are in good health. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all three of you. She looks really darling, and I love her initials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! How exciting to finally meet BAM. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! And such a great post too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you and yours, fabulous and beautiful...;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your healthy, gorgeous, baby girl! Just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! New follower (:

    ♥♥♥ from
    http://littleporcelainprincess.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooohooo, congratulations to all of you!! I wish you tons of health, happiness and fun together! :)
    She has a lovely (and pretty badass) name too! :) Awwwww. Ok, NOW I melt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All these photos are so touching and adorable. Also, matching dad-baby outfits!
    Feel free to blog about being a father as much as you like!
    Welcome to the world, B.A.M.!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!! B.A.M. is beautiful!!! Enjoy because it goes by too fast. Be safe and God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, congratulations! I definitely approve of her middle name, if you know what I mean (wink wink).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! She's perfect.

    I just found your blog tonight and I'm so excited to share it with my son tomorrow. He's five and loves anything twirly, sparkly, frilly, and bright. He's delighted whenever we can find pictures of men in pretty clothes, and your blog is going to fit the bill nicely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete