Tuesday, November 27, 2012

OOTD: Awry

Back on track with another new OOTD post! I've actually still got a previous one in the queue for later bu for now it's getting leapfrogged for the outfit I'm wearing right now. Let's do this!


Overshirt: ASOS Curve
Top: Forever 21+
Skirt: Target
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Torrid

This outfit just sort of came together through happenstance. I've got plans to hang out with a friend today, which is definitely cause for diving in the closet to find some cool threads. I actually did a few coin flips to arrive at this skirt, first to decide if I would wear a skirt or dress, then to decide between two skirts ... 


I kinda love this skirt. I picked it up from Target.com a few weeks ago as part of their Labworks collection. The whole range was pretty awesome, and to be honest I bought nearly all of it, haha. I believe the tag line was "Effortless edge" or something like that ... which is right up my street, clearly. Fun!


Seems every time I wear this sheer top I wind up putting red underneath it. I'm not sure what's up with that but it is what it is, haha. These tights kinda go a bit bright in the sunlight, but inside they actually match the red under the sheer top pretty closely. I was initially unsure of pairing the horizontal stripes with an asymmetrical hem, but I think it works in a quirky way.


I picked up these shoes a little bit ago from Torrid, and can I just say LOVE! As I've mentioned before on the blog, I sometimes struggle when it comes to wearing flats, as I just like the way I look and feel in heels a bit more, but these are just too awesome to neglect. I've been wearing then a lot since I got them, even though this is the first appearance on the blog. 


I tried to mix up my posing and locations a bit more than usual this time. I'm not sure why, but I just felt it was getting a bit stale. To be completely honest, with the weather a bit nicer I feel I can get away with venturing into the sunlight for an extended photo shoot, so that's probably why I did that today. I really like how this particular shot turned out.

Anyhow, that's it for this one. Expect more very soon!

2 comments:

  1. The straight lines, angled drape and studded/spotted shoes create such fun effects together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic skirt. Is the grey at the waistband part of it, or an additional piece you added to keep the skirt from being so low on your hip?

    ReplyDelete