Monday, August 27, 2012

08/27/12 OOTD: Scroll Remix

Due to the storm in the Gulf the weather is dreadful and rainy outside, which means my photos are not going to be up to the quality I usually try to post here. However, I'm not gonna let a little hurricane stop me from doing an OOTD today, ha! Let's get to it.


Top (outer): Forever 21+
Shoes: Torrid

So since it's a rainy day and I'll be primarily inside at the computer, I figured there's no reason not to dress up a bit. I've been wanting to give this skirt another go, as I'm not really too happy with the last outfit I paired it with (here). I think the gold top details and zipper details on the skirt was a great concept, but there's something about the looseness of the top with this skirt that just feels a bit off. So anyways, here's round two.

Ah, yeah, you may have noticed something different about the photo above. Why yes, thank you, I have lost a little weight, but that's not it. I know my pink nails are awesome, but nope, that isn't it either. Okay, okay, so I'm sure you've noticed that I seem to have been assaulted by the Headless Horseman, ha. No worries though, my head is still intact.


See?

Anyhow, the first (headless) photo is a bit of foreshadowing to a topic I'm going to address soon on the blog here .... confidence. So often, when we see men wearing skirts or dresses on the internet, the faces are always cropped out of the photos. There's a lot of reasons why (and that's a topic for said other post), but I wanted to replicate that here because I was curious on if that changes how a look is perceived. I'm curious to know any thoughts you may have on that below!


I've gone on a while already without talking about this outfit, so here goes. I thought perhaps the outer top over the red undershirt would work well with the red scroll pattern of the skirt. It's an interesting idea, and I'm always one for trying things out and seeing how they work. I think it's a pretty cool look, but I often feel quite good about my outfits the day off, and there's a certain perspective that comments & a few days of simmer down time can only provide, so who knows, haha.



Here we go with some shoe shots! I really like these shoes, but I don't wear them very often. I actually have another pair of them in a different size (12w) that I've been meaning to put up for sale on eBay, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. 


I wish these pictures had turned out a bit better, but the lighting situation outside just isn't great, so it's hard to get a great photo of darker colors. Ah, well.


I found myself just playing around with the camera and trying some different shots, and this was one that I thought turned out pretty cool, haha. Taking off (or putting on) my shoes, and just generally seeing how the camera acts in different lighting situations.

That's all for today. I will be back very soon (weather permitting) with more OOTDs. As I mentioned in my last OOTD I went to a party yesterday but unfortunately I didn't take pictures before I went and I wound up getting covered in dog hair (bleh), so I'll have to post that look once I wash those clothes, ha. See you soon!

9 comments:

  1. thankyou for your blog - I deffinatley aggree that men need fashion freedom.

    I like button back dresses myself as one person should struggle to un-button them himself- and I think I would like that

    I have been looking for a blog like this for a long time- thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anon! I'm glad you like the blog.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your face! I understand there are many reasons why bloggers, especially pioneering ones, would prefer not to show their faces, but having a face with the style personalises it and makes it that much more "real" to me. But, I am sure you are planning a more in-depth post on that:)

    Liking the skirt and over-top combo for textures. If this were me, however, I'd be tempted to add a wide belt to ease the transition from top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed planning to talk about this in depth, but in short, yes I completely agree with you.

      You know, I DO actually have a belt on with this look, but it's under the over-top, haha. You are right, that would have looked good outside of it. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Love the shoes! Men really should have the freedom to wear whatever they want to wear. Why can't a guy wear a lovely skirt, dress or a nice pair of heels?

    You look amazing in that dress, and love the hair ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know, I've really never had any issues with wearing these fashions out and about in my life, so I really feel like we CAN. People will find it a bit odd, but honestly I think that's a fair sacrifice to be myself, ha.

      Thank you for the compliments!

      Delete
  4. It's interesting--looking at the headless picture, I'm not even sure I would notice your gender straightaway, or be able to discern it if I tried. I'm looking forward to your further thoughts on the subject!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting, Mia. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to write the essay soon and get my thoughts out there.

      Delete