Saturday, August 25, 2012

08/25/12 OOTD: Scuro Remix

Time for another OOTD! Let's get to it!


Shades: Domino Dollhouse
Skirt: Macy's
Shoes: Wanted

Outside of the shoes, this look features items I've shown on the blog before. I really love this skirt, but honestly I haven't worn it much. Since Mrs. Spookshow and I had some errands to run this afternoon, I decided it was the perfect time to just rock it out and wear this skirt. I tried a few tops with it (that's been the primary issue with me not wearing it), and in the end hastily decided on this top for today. I think it's a fun shock of color here.


Although it's always sunny here in Florida, the tropical storm / hurricane moving in on us has actually cooled off the weather a bit, so today was a relatively nice day out. This top is super breathable, and the skirt is really light and airy as well, so all in all in worked out great. I love my Domino Dollhouse sunglasses, I honestly rarely leave home without them.


Although I rarely show any purses in my OOTDs, I do have to often use one, simply because most skirts don't have pockets (and even if they do, I probably wouldn't use them and ruin the lines anyways). Truthfully, I only have two bags anyhow, so I've never seen a point of just repeating them over and over here, ha. I felt I should show it with this look, however, since this is how most people saw the outfit in the wild.


Here's a closer shot of the bag (and incidentally, the shoes, which we will get to in a moment). I like it a lot, it's very much my aesthetic, but it's not really anything too special ... just a clearance bag I got at Target, ha.


Shoes. Oh, yes! So I'm sure my love of shoes has been well documented here, haha, but one particular style of shoe I've always loved is wedge sneakers. It's been surprisingly difficult to find a pair in my size (I need an 11W at the smallest), but when I saw these on Amazon in an 11 I decided to take a chance and hope that they either ran wide or would stretch out a bit. They don't run wide, and they are a little tight, but not unbearably so, and as I've broken them in they fit a lot better each time I wear them.


I love these shoes! I'm so excited to finally have an awesome pair of wedge sneakers to wear. They are totally great when I want to wear heels, but still want to maintain a pretty cool and casual look. Expect to see these babies on the blog quite a bit, haha.

Mrs. Spookshow and I went to Sally's Beauty Supply to get some hair bleach for my roots (yeah, I know they are bad here, but I'm literally about to go take care of that, guys, ha), and then headed over to Firehouse Subs for lunch. After Firehouse we went over to Michael's to check out the halloween stuff, which is always fun. It's been a while since I've been out in public in complete fashion freedom style, so I may have been a bit more aware than usual, but I did definitely notice a lot of double takes and stares today. Ah, well. It comes with the territory of being a trailblazer, eh?

Anyhow, that's all for this OOTD. I should be back with another either tomorrow or Monday, as we have a party to attend tomorrow afternoon and I'll have an outfit to show from that. See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. That orange and purple combo really pops. It would brighten any day:)

    I love your bag - you can never go astray with lots of buckles!

    Have fun at your party tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, buckles for the win!

      I gave some pretty careful consideration to what color I decided to dye my hair, and in the end it just seemed like bright orange would be the best color to work with my wardrobe palette. So far it's working out great I feel.

      Thanks, Thursday!

      Delete
  2. That skirt! Those shoes! Amazing outfit. Love the combo of your orange hair & the purple top. :)

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sian! Kinda addicted to the shoes, ha.

      Delete
  3. OMG I HEART YOUR SHOES/SKIRT/BAG COMBO *O.O* Nothing is better than subversive sneakers - I have some stacked heel chainmail Diesel sneakers which I adore and have a similar vibe to yours :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonia. I'm glad you like this look. It's true, few things capture my heart like a great wedge sneaker, haha.

      Delete
  4. I hear you on the bag thing! I only have one (although I'm thinking of finding another one that's slightly larger), and I continually (admiringly) goggle at the bloggers who have such a great variety! I have to stick to one, I think--if I were changing my belongings in and out of bags from day to day, something would inevitably get left behind, and I lose things enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I can see that, Mia. Truth be told I only carry about four items in my bag anyways, so switching wouldn't be too big of a deal for me, but bags are just something I don't usually go crazy over in general, ha. Just keep me out of the shoe department, haha.

      Delete