Saturday, April 28, 2012

04/28/12 OOTD: Kharis

Another OOTD, two days in a row. Let's do this.


Sunglasses: Zip it sunglasses from Domino Dollhouse
Sweater: Shadow stripe dolman sleeve sweater from Deb
Top: Longline v-neck cami from Forever 21+
Leggings: I want my mummy leggings from Mrs. Spookshow's Designs
Shoes: Military boot by Ros Hommerson

Interesting note, out of 42 OOTDs this is only my second one without a skirt or dress. Ha! Anyhow, I really love this outfit. Ever since I figured out how to wear my other leggings in this OOTD, I've really been wanting another pair of leggings to rock. I need to give a shout out, as I feel this outfit was definitely inspired by Chubble Bubble's OOTD post about her casual, comfy outfit for going to Disneyland. Trying to find the line between stylish & practical is something I can definitely struggle with, so when I was trying to decide what to pair with these leggings today I had her outfit in mind. Thanks for the inspiration, Tracy! 


I didn't take any alternate pose shots *sigh* but I did take two different leg shots. Go figure! 

These leggings are pretty much to die for and they just fit right in perfectly with my wardrobe. I had actually found this fabric ages ago when we went out shopping, and had originally thought to have a skirt made from it. However, I never found a good lining material for it, and it got forgotten. On a recent fabric shopping trip, Mrs. Spookshow returned with some more of this fabric, and said she was going to make leggings from it. When I saw the leggings she made from the fabric, I promptly asked her to make a pair for me from my piece of the fabric, and here we are. The first pair of leggings are available for purchase at Mrs. Spookshow's Designs!



So, this is my take on casual, comfy wear for when a skirt & heels may not be appropriate. Of course, these leggings could rock in those situations as well, and I'm looking forward to dressing these babies up in the near future. 

14 comments:

  1. Those. Leggings. WHAT. They are so incredibly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! Yes, they are most excellent. Been wearing them a lot recently! Thanks, Tia!

      Delete
  2. Utterly awesome leggings. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geetabix! I appreciate the compliments!

      Delete
  3. Whoaaaa, this is fantastic! Such a cool/badass outfit and silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia! I gotta admit I've been wearing this outfit quite a bit recently.

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS BLOG. I am your 100th member too, how fitting. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Thank you for advocating this, I will definitely be attempting to do the same as time goes on.
    So glad I found you, I'll be one of your most attentive readers from now on.
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Yep, lucky 100 for you.

      Thanks for finding and enjoying the blog! I appreciate the compliments.

      Delete
  5. I made a simple tube dress (with v-neck and short sleeves) from the black/b,ack version of that fabric; I wear it with a regular full slip. The leggings are an inspiration -- I see a pair in my near future. Loving the blog and pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The leggings are indeed awesome. Mrs. Spookshow is looking into getting more of this fabric, as these sold out super fast on her store. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
    2. As soon as the Halloween fabric comes out, Joann usually has three different colors of that fabric available.

      Delete
    3. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's around when I originally got the fabric. She managed to find some not too long ago, and bought it all up. Halloween time at Joann is kind of like Christmas for us, ha!

      Delete
  6. I think you look great in these tights and top. If I were you, I'd blend in a little bit of colour in my accessories; an orange bracelet and a green and yellow bag, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anon! Yep, a spot of color would work here, but all of my accessories that I own are black because I'm evil, haha.

      Delete