Sunday, March 4, 2012

What's Next?

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's coming up. At some point during February, Mrs. Spookshow asked if she could write a post here. I thought it was a great idea, and am excited about her involvement. We think it could be interesting, insightful, and helpful to have some thoughts here written by someone who loves a man into freestyle fashion. She should be sitting down to write than either today or tomorrow, so look for that article soon.

Mrs. Spookshow & I have also been playing around with the idea of doing a Switcheroo inspired photo, because we think it would be fun. However, unlike the original photos in the set, I'm thinking that I should be the one to start in a skirt / dress, since I'm usually wearing a skirt and she usually wears pants, ha!

I've also been toying with the idea of doing some photos where I wear a completely "masculine" outfit next to similar but entirely "feminine" outfit. I think it could be interesting to see two outfits with the same vibe, but from different departments, side by side. The only issue here is that I don't actually have much menswear that isn't just grubby workshop/painting clothes. Anyhow, I think it could be a really cool series if I can manage to pull it off.

I'll also have some essays coming up that focus on men's health as it relates to fashion freedom. I'll try to cover both the benefits and complications of wearing skirts, tights, & heels from a male perspective.

As I said towards the end of the last February OOTD, Scorch, I'd really like to know what you, the readers, would like to see here on the blog moving forward. I really want to push forward with more bold content and keep growing the blog. Let me know if you have any ideas about topics or things that you would like to see. Which of the above ideas interest you the most? Leave a comment below or email me at hisblackdress@gmail.com.

I look forward to serving up more interesting content soon, so thanks for reading His Black Dress!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Another new reader here! (well, I've been reading for the last couple weeks, since the tumblr explosion) I'm absolutely loving this blog! I think pretty much any topic you pick is going to be interesting to read, since the perspective you're writing from isn't a commonly covered one. My favorite thing has to be the OOTD posts though. Keep posting plenty of those! You've got great style (and an enviable shoe collection), and I may just have to borrow an idea or two from you. Keep up the good work!

    -Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eve! Thanks for chiming in here, I really appreciate it! I do plan to keep the OOTDs coming, just as soon as I get some more garments. I actually only had 3 dresses that I didn't photograph during the month, ha! Anyhow, look for more soon, and don't be a stranger, k?

      Delete
  2. Hello
    I've enjoyed you work from the start and also feel that it's time for Equality in Fashions and I have a Facebook like your blog, I hope that Eve, will check out "Lorraine Goetsch" on Facebook. It's time to have real equality between the sexes and remove one more label as crossdressing. If we can remove that label we can open more of the closed minds and limit the hate we see and hear in the western world, it now 2012, not 1860's and it's time free men from the uniform that is called men's fashions, what a joke. I look forward to reading your wife work here too. Again keep up the great work, may we see this as the new norm in the future for Equality in Fashions and between the sexes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! I'm still getting new readers here every day, and it's awesome to hear from someone who has been here since the start. I'll keep rockin' it here, and we'll start breaking down those gender stereotypes!

      Delete
  3. Please keep the OOTDs coming! You don't have to always post new stuff - you can mix up old stuff and I'll like that just as much. ;-) It's nice to see people with real wardrobes instead of folks showing off something new every single time they post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you'd like to see, Minnie. I really appreciate the feedback. I'll definitely be posting some wardrobe remix style OOTDs, so they will keep coming. Thanks for reading the blog!

      Delete