Tuesday, March 27, 2012

03/27/12 OOTD: Villain

Going out shopping today, which means it's time for another OOTD. Let's do it.


Top: Grey t-shirt from Target, cut up
Vest: Moto vest from Forever 21+
Belt: Oval stretch belt from Torrid
Shorts(!): ??, probably Target
Tights: Levante sheer fantasy stay ups in black
Shoes: Trista studded bootie by Avenue

I thought I'd try a look with shorts today. Shocking, perhaps, but I wanted to show you guys that I think I can rock a pair of shorts freestyle as well. No worries, I'm still a skirt boy, but it's nice to mix it up every once and awhile. I've always liked the shorts, tights, heels look on girls, so I figured why not try it myself. I think it works, but I also feel the abundance of cool accessories is what's selling it here for me.

I like to cut up my tees. Mrs. Spookshow doesn't love it so much, but I think it just appeals to a goth / punk diy side of myself. Unfortunately, I'm fairly terrible with a pair of scissors (as I'm one of those devilish lefties), so I often just wind up ruining a good shirt. I'm trying to get better with cutting fabric, however, and so this shirt was the result of my practice. Actually, this is the best cut up shirt I've managed to do. In fact, when Mrs. Spookshow saw it she asked where I bought it! I felt that was pretty high praise, actually, and she was surprised to find out that it was just a $3.00 men's shirt that I accidentally bought a few sizes too big. 

The vest is killer, as always. I love it, and I'm sad that I probably won't be able to wear it for much longer, as it's starting to heat up here in Florida. I've never been one to really change my style based on the seasons, but sometimes the heat does get too killer for my style. To be honest, I kinda dread the summer months, because I just have so much trouble finding cool stuff to wear in the weather.


Looking through my folder of OOTDs, I was very surprised to find that I haven't really shown these booties much. Despite that, I really like them, so here they are! I really enjoy the studs, and think they really compliment this outfit very well. Rockin!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, shorts and tights is a good look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As another devilish leftie, I sympathize entirely with your scissor woes. Dang things! I quite like the cutouts you've done for yourself here, though; stylish! And those booties are rad...I have one pair of booties that I don't wear enough, I should throw them on when it's no longer raining but is still cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia! I'm definitely getting better with the scissors, ha.

      Delete
  3. Jack SkellingtonMarch 28, 2012

    Been following since sometime in Feb (you were featured on "No Seriously, What About Teh Menz) and this is easily my favorite OOTD. I'm also partial to the shorts, tights, heels look; going to add it to my closet as soon as I find some shorts that work. Love the boots as well, may have to look into getting a pair of those ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you found your way to the blog. My biggest issue with shorts is always the length ... as in I dislike longer styles. These shorts are about as long as I like them to be. What can I say, I like showing off my legs, ha.

      Delete
  4. i just wanted to let you know that i found your site via tumblr reblogs and i love everything you are doing! this is such an inspiration to everyone, regardless of what they like, because you are challenging these silly and outdated gender roles. i think you are fantastic. :) keep on keepin' on, and thanks for putting this out there so we could share in your experiences! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It makes me so happy to know that this blog inspires people. I really appreciate your compliments!

      Delete
  5. Mark from Brisbane Australia.April 01, 2012

    I've a question to ask, Now that you are going well with the skirts and dresses and stuff, What other areas of clothing are you going to tackle, for instance if you wanted to go for a swim, would you be inclined to wear men's swimwear or female swimwear? for swimming and not fettish, comming from me as a male I do also wear female swimwear, not the crazy ones but like your onepiece Speedo kind for swimming, because I find the men's swimwear very, very booring, I ask this because you are now comming into your summer and here in Australia it's starting tl actually be like autumn, I just thought I'd ask that, that now you are outgoing in skirts and dresses, please don't think of me as some stupid sleazy person I'm not, I find you inspirational to all who wish to break the steriotical mold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Mark. Thanks for the question. In all honesty, despite the fact I live in Florida, and quite close to several beaches, I do not really like the beach nor do I like to swim (I can, mind you, just don't like to). I can't say I even own any swimwear as it's just not something I do. Mrs. Spookshow loves the beach, and has dragged me there once or twice, however.

      I do find women's swimwear much more appealing than men's trunks, but I certainly don't feel I have the figure to wear any, ha! I have looked at some unisex-style one piece swimwear before, but as I just don't like to swim anyways I've never made the plunge (har har). In anycase, I feel as long as attire can be worn without being obscene, it's fair game. I'd be concerned about the crotch area of women's swimwear on men, but something with a more boyshort style would probably work out fine.

      Delete
  6. A friend from the other side of the world sent me to chubstr.tumblr and from there I found my way here. I'm absolutely smitten! This is the best ever. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat! I'm glad you found your way here.

      Delete