Friday, February 24, 2012

02/24/12 OOTD: Boss

It's day number 24. Here we go!


Top: Dress shirt from JC Penney
Vest: Moto vest from Forever 21+
Skirt: Royal purple kilt from Sportkilt
Tights: Charnos opaque 60 denier thick tights in purple
Shoes: Ankle boots by Easy Street

I wanted to try another kilt look today. My wife often suggests a dress shirt & vest with my kilts, and while I've never felt that's really my style, I thought if any vest would work for me it would be this one.  This outfit kinda made me feel like a crime boss from a comic book, and I think I channeled that a bit with the poses, ha!


I picked up this dress shirt while we were in Tampa earlier this month. I've really needed some new ones since losing a load of weight, as a lot of my current ones are just really baggy ... and that's not a good look. The new ones I've purchased are a little tight, but I'm working on it. I continue to love this ring.


I was surprised to find that I've never photographed these boots. I was going to wear my grey flannel flats with this outfit, but I felt the boots just might work better overall. I'm very surprised I haven't ever featured these boots in an OOTD, as I actually wear them a lot. They only have a 2 inch heel, and they are insanely squishy and comfortable, so I often rock these when I know I'll be walking a lot, or just if my feet need a break.

That's all I can really think to say about this one. I think this one is another fairly easy outfit for men to rock, that isn't as far "out there" as most of my other looks. I gotta admit that my closet is getting a bit barren now, since I don't want to really repeat any skirts or dresses. It's certainly starting to get difficult to put together really awesome looks. Only five more to go...

2 comments: