Thursday, February 23, 2012

02/23/12 OOTD: Cut Out

Another Mrs. Spookshow original today. Here we go!


Dress: Made by Mrs. Spookshow
Necklace: Nicked from Mrs. Spookshow's jewelry box
Belt: Plate stretch belt from Torrid
Tights: Charnos opaque 60 denier thick tights in black
Shoes: Matti slip-on boot by Comfortview

A few OOTDs ago I mentioned that Mrs. Spookshow was working on another dress for me. Well, here it is! It's got some cool cold shoulder details (which we'll check out in a sec), but the coolest bit is ... pockets! I enjoy dresses & skirts with pockets if only because it gives me something to do with my hands in photos, haha! 



Here's a closer view of the chest / shoulders. I wanted to show off the cut outs on the sleeves because I've always loved cold shoulder tops. This dress also has a slit in the back, but I forgot to take a photo of that. I thought this necklace would go well with the outfit, and help tie in with the belt. 


I've had this belt for ages, but never found a look to make it work. I actually like it here, though. Mrs. Spookshow made a cloth belt out of the same fabric as the dress, but I thought this belt would work better with the shoes. Interesting but pointless factoid: This is the first time I've worn opaque black tights. I usually prefer my black tights to be sheer, but I thought the opaques would look better here. I actually kinda love 'em, so I might have to get some more pairs (these mysteriously have a hole on the foot, despite never being worn, grr!). 

I've featured these shoes before (waaaay back on OOTD #3) but they were paired with a maxi skirt last time. While they provided a cool pop of color for that outfit, here I think they really come into their own. The cuffs do unfold to make them taller, but I've always had a thing for booties, so I keep it down. 

That's another OOTD down. I've had fun wearing this outfit today. Only six more days left. For those of you wondering, it looks like it'll be four more skirts & two more dresses to close out the month, unless you guys would like to see more dresses. Let me know in the comments below! See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. First, that is an amazing color on you, and I love your belt. Second, major props to Mrs. Spookshow for making pockets work in a dress without ruining the lines! That is wicked impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! I'll make sure Mrs. Spookshow sees this as well. Yeah, I love this color!

      Delete
  2. Wow, impressive dress. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolyn! I appreciate you taking the time to comment here!

      Delete
  3. I really like the dress -- Do you know what pattern she used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I'm glad you like it. The pattern is Simplicity 2406.

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog and I've been enjoying the outfits - I love this color.

    I like your style and will be stealing some of your accessory ideas. Like the shoes a lot,too.

    Way to go with exploring your personal style!

    - a female fashion fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment here, and I'm glad you've found some ideas to steal! Keep rockin'!

      Delete