Friday, February 17, 2012

02/17/12 OOTD & OOTN: Birthday!

It's my birthday! Yay! Today I'm posting my first OOTN, as I've had my birthday dinner outfit planned for a while, but didn't want to wear it all day. Let's start with the OOTD!


Overshirt: Merona button shirt from Target
Undershirt: Red racer back tank top from Amazon
Jacket: Black military jacket from Torrid
Ring: Studded double finger ring from Domino Dollhouse
Belt: Oval stretch belt from Torrid
Skirt: Zigzag maxi skirt from Macys
Tights: Hudson lilly put 20 denier tights in red
Shoes: Portia bootine from Payless

Wow, that's quite a list! Since I had my OOTN already planned, I put this outfit together wanting to include some nods / allusions to my evening look. I actually really like the way this turned out! It's a lot of layers for Florida, but regardless it's fun. As you can see I've picked up another long skirt, as I really liked my first one, and I really liked the zigzag design. It's apparently quite on trend now, as well, though I don't really follow that much honestly. I think the little pops of red here are a lot of fun, and were very intentional. 

I feel like the belt works really well here. I've not had a lot of luck fitting this belt into my outfits, as I'm just never quite happy with the effect. For what was really only meant to be a nod to my evening look, I really like this outfit just on it's own!

Let's get into the OOTN, shall we?


Top: Made by Mrs. Spookshow
Ring: Studded double finger ring from Domino Dollhouse
Skirt: Bow out skirt from Domino Dollhouse
Tights: Hudson lilly put 20 denier tights in red
Shoes: Funtasma bloody pump by Pleaser

I discovered Domino Dollhouse earlier this month, and when I saw this skirt I knew I had to have it. It's great quality, and I really love the design of it. It gives me a very fun, Tim Burton feel. Shipping was reasonable and very fast, which was great, as I hate waiting for stuff, ha! They've definitely made me a fan of their store, and I'll be keeping my eye out for other items that I can rock from there. Check out Domino Dollhouse for some really great threads! Thanks, Domino Dollhouse! 



One day, the thought struck me that I don't have any just plain high heel pumps. Even though I've always been more drawn to boots, I felt like I should definitely do something about that! I got these shoes with an Amazon giftcard from Endless.com, and wound up only paying $3.49 (which was for the overnight shipping, ha!). I was originally just looking for some red pumps (I feel like I have a lot of black shoes already, so anymore I try to purchase colors only), but when I saw these I knew they were perfect for me. They have a 4 inch heel, which I'm not completely used to walking in, so they can be a bit killer, but nothing a boy can't handle!

Mrs. Spookshow & I are going out for dinner this evening, though I haven't decided where yet. It's sure to be fun, and I'm really excited. Hope you enjoyed these outfits as much as I have! Seeya tomorrow with another OOTD!

25 comments:

  1. I love those shoes and that skirt! You are totally rockin that outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jasmine! I had a lot of fun with this one!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness.. Happy Bday! Can't believe I left this out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! What a great outfit for a guy to spend his birthday in. Hope you have a great evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brian. It was indeed a great evening!

      Delete
  4. Please make a Tumblr! I love you and your outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, noted. Thank you for the compliments! For now be sure to tune in here for my OOTDs & thoughts.

      Delete
  5. wow! you are amazing!!! and for sure rocking the hell out of that outfit.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! keep being awesome and inspirational

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clod! I really appreciate your compliments!

      Delete
  6. The man in the pictures is SO HOT! and he pulls off the looks flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's cool like that. Ha, thank you very much, Rachel!

      Delete
  7. O
    M
    G

    I love this blog I love love love it! Happy birthday! For your birthday, you gave me the gift of this great blog. (I just discovered you.) You rock these outfits you ROCK them. Thank you so much for keeping this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Haddayr! I'm glad you like what I've got going on here. Thank you so much for the support, encouragement, and kind words!

      Delete
  8. You, sir, are awesome. Found your blog via Domino Dollhouse's link on Tumblr, and I'm so glad I did. You look fantastic in every post. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolyn. I'm really happy that people are enjoying my blog, and appreciate you taking the time to let me know!

      Delete
  9. I have that skirt from Domino Dollhouse! It's fantastic. I always feel so put together while still being fun. You look great in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! It's really a fun skirt, eh?

      Delete
  10. You look AMAZING! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. I appreciate you taking the time to comment here.

      Delete
  11. I found one of your photos here posted on Tumblr, and I just wanted to say that you have made me feel SO much more confident and better about myself. I'm a transgender guy who currently doesn't want to wear dresses/other "feminine" things because I'm not on testosterone yet and I like to try and get read as somewhat male, if I can.

    But I'm fat, about your size I think, except my hips are really big, haha. And every time I saw any pretty androgynous or femme guy wearing this kind of stuff, they would be really thin, a body type I could never have and it made me feel really bad about myself. Because I felt like once I went on testosterone, I would look really masculine because of my weight (like a bear, maybe) and not be able to wear these clothes. Irrational? Yeah, but I didn't have any role models to show me otherwise.

    Plus I am really, really attached to my long hair. I was terrified of going bald on testosterone and having to shave my head because I thought I couldn't look the way I wanted - I was SO WRONG because of how awesome you are with your shaved head! :D I still hope that I don't lose my hair, but god... I think you just changed my life. Thank you so much. *goes to admire the rest of your blog*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for posting this, Toby!

      I'm so glad that my photos here have helped you feel better about yourself. That is the entire reason I write this blog! Like yourself, I too felt down and disappointed when I would see men wearing skirts & dresses on the internet, because they were always very svelte and thin. I thought I could never wear these types of styles because it would look foolish. It took me a long time to become comfortable with my body. Much to my surprise, embracing the styles I wanted to wear actually only helped me to love my body.

      I had long hair for over ten years, and shaved it all off a little over two years ago. Although I did not shave for hair loss reasons (I still have all my hairs), it was something I wanted to do for a while but was scared how it would change my look. Now, I can't really imagine ever growing my hair again.

      Anyhow, thank you again for posting your comment, I really do appreciate it. Keep on being you, and just rock it out!

      Delete
  12. Hey dude.

    You look great in that skirt. It somehow reminds me of a traditional Dutch outfit,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ben! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  13. I nearly bought a striped maxi skirt just like that one, and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't.

    The bow skirt looks awesome. I would never have picked something that is so traditionally "femme" for you, but you rock the heck out of it, and those killer shoes, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you like the maxi skirt in this post. The bow out skirt seems to be getting all the attention. I find it really hard to resist buying a garment that I like. I suspect that's why I'm always broke, ha!

      I had some reservations about how girly this skirt is too, but I still really loved it so I bought it. I decided to wear it on my birthday because, well, it was my birthday damnit and I'll wear a super femme skirt if I wanna! Ha! I think it worked out really well, anyways.

      Thanks as always, Sleepydumpling!

      Delete