Wednesday, February 15, 2012

02/15/12 OOTD: Luster

Today I wanted to try on a new dress I bought. Let's get right to it.


Dress: Merona woven dress from Target
Jacket: Sheer stripe moto jacket from Ashely Stewart
Tights: Levante eXtra in black
Shoes: Belted bootie by Barefoot Tess

This dress is a new purchase from Target that I couldn't wait to try. I purchased it in this silver color, and also in a rust red color. I really like the asymmetrical neckline on this one! It's no secret that I love dresses; there's just something about the ease and simplicity of wearing one that I love. As I've said many times, however, it can be really hard to find dresses from the women's department that can work on a man, particularly in the chest region. I think that throwing on a jacket can really help, so that is what I often do.

Rather than just show this dress with the jacket, however, I want to show you guys how it looks without the jacket as well. 


I like the look with the jacket better, though I'm not sure if that isn't just because of body image issues I have. I've come a long way with accepting my body and loving it, but one area I'm still uncomfortable with is my chest. I'm a fatty, and unfortunately for boys that tends to gift us with, well .. (for lack of a better term) moobs. It's a bit of a struggle for me, because while I don't want to fool myself into thinking I don't have them, I also don't want to really flaunt it either. Throwing dresses into that mix only complicates it, since many patterns are designed to, well, accentuate the chest. That's why I often default to a jacket.

All that being said, I don't dislike the way this dress looks without a jacket, though I also worry that maybe I'm a bit too lenient on myself. I know that I don't see myself with the same eyes that others do, so it's hard to know if I overlook or overthink things.

Anyhow, this is my look for today. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. This outfit really stuck out to me for some reason, maybe because it just goes well with my own personal style preferences or what I'm not sure but great taste! I'm thinking about a similar outfit I can concoct based on what you've done here, the only thing I might add is a necklace? One with a simple (preferably large) black or dark gray pendant. Sorry, getting carried away here! Anyway, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! It makes me happy that this outfit spoke to you and gave you some inspiration. Take that creativity and run with it! It's what this blog is all about.

      Delete