Sunday, February 5, 2012

02/05/12 OOTD: March

I'm having one of those days where it's hard to get going. I find that feeling like I look rockin' can really help on those days, and so this is my outfit for today...


Jacket: Military jacket from Torrid
Dress: Merona knit dress from Target
Bag: Black strap purse from Target
Tights: Kunert satin look 20 in marine
Shoes: Meg ankle boot by Gwyneth Shoes

This isn't an original look, per say, as I've featured this dress with a jacket before. However, I've remixed it with the shoes and bag, so I hope you'll forgive me. I'm sure you will, since it is a pretty rockin' look, huh? This is one of my favorite dresses just because the color is so great. Purple has always been a favorite color of mine, this shade in particular. 


Here's an alternate view of the bag and shoes. I found this bag on clearance at Target and just had to have it. Previously, I've been a one bag kinda guy, but now I'm finding it's nice to have options. After having carried a purse (probably a dread word for most men, but I've decided to embrace it, ha!) for a little over a year now, I can't see why anyone wouldn't. The storage space for miscellaneous things is just so handy. To be honest I usually take my bag along even if I do have pockets. It just makes sense.

These shoes are a lot of fun. Surprisingly comfortable, and pretty damn stylish to boot (ha, sorry!). Funny story about these boots: Previous to owning these, I never knew there was a market for grip pads for the bottom of shoes. I wore these out to the mall shortly after getting them, only to find that they were practically a death trap on some of the tile floors. I imagine it was sort of like walking on ice, though being a native Florida boy I don't have much to base that on. It was an interesting experience, to say the least, even though I did manage to keep my footing the entire time (thankfully). Regardless, trying to keep a confident gait while skating around in 3 and a half inch heels was not my idea of fun, so I promptly ordered some grip pads for the bottom of these babies when I got home!

*UPDATE* I've uploaded an OOTD video for this outfit to YouTube! Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment