Saturday, February 4, 2012

02/04/12 OOTD: Scatter

Four of 29 today, folks. Let's get right to it!


Top: Fringe top by Anna Scholz
Skirt: Zig zag colorblock skirt from Forever 21+
Tights: Charnos opaque 60 denier thick tights in petrol
Shoes: Wedge bootie by Madden Girl

I really like the design of both this top and the skirt, so I thought it would be fun to try them together. Cold shoulder tops are pretty much my favorite here in Florida, and I'm a big fan of colorblocking. 



It can be hard to get women's tops to work on a male chest, but I think this one does a good job. It has been slightly modified, though, as Mrs. Spookshow was kind enough to shorten the shoulder straps a bit for me so it sits higher on my chest. The fringe is fun, and adds an element that you just don't get with boxy men's tops.


These booties are among my favorites. I seem to say that a lot; it's true, I can't help my shoe addiction. These booties have a three inch wedge heel, if you can't tell from the photos. This photo is really more for the tights, or just a closer view of the colorblocking effect from skirt to shoes. Overall, I'm pretty happy with Charnos brand tights, though they are a bit short on me. I find I have to really pull them on tight to get them to stay put, but it works. I notice that a lot of other fashion bloggers wear We Love Colors tights often, so perhaps I will try those eventually. I'm very picky with hosiery, so we'll see.

This look is definitely a remix, as I've worn most of these items together in some form in similar looks. As a result, it doesn't feel as fresh to me as my previous looks so far this month, but I'm still very happy with this outfit overall. 

Two red looks and two blue looks, tomorrow I'll be rockin' a new color!

6 comments:

  1. I just found this blog via the Fatshionista Flickr page and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Firecat! I hope you continue to enjoy the content here. Don't be shy, I love to hear from readers!

      Delete
  2. I really love the way you rock black, grey and dark blue. It's a really distinct style that seems to fit you perfectly.

    Now I want a skirt like that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've really started to establish a color palette for myself now that I've broken out of the all-black shell. It's refreshing, and I'm having a lot of fun with it! This skirt is very easy to rock; definitely one of my favorites.

      Delete
    2. Easily one of my favorite outfits you've ever done.

      Delete