Friday, February 3, 2012

02/03/12 OOTD: Fade

Three days already! Although in my mind I'm going to have trouble topping yesterday's OOTD, in all honesty it isn't really about that anyways. Day three has turned out to be a dreary, windy day in otherwise sunny Florida, and despite what you may assume I don't really like such days. I found it a bit difficult to get great shots of this outfit today, but I've done my best. It's just one of those days, you know.


Top: Merona dress shirt from Target
Skirt: Ombre plaid skirt from Jessica London
Tights: Kunert satin look 20 in marine
Heels: Matti slip-on boot by Comfortview

Confession time: I've never worn a maxi skirt before, and it's quite a different experience than I am used to. I  struggled a bit with photographing this look because I just wasn't sure what to do with the skirt, but knew I wanted to show it off a bit. Today is mostly about learning how to move in this length of skirt, ha. Despite the slight awkwardness, it's quite fun. 


The color and design of this skirt instantly hooked me. I saw it while flipping through a catalog while walking back from the mailbox and immediately went online and ordered it when I got inside. I love the plaid fade from grey to blue to black, it's just stunning (and the photos don't do it justice, honestly). The shirt is an obvious choice here, and I think it looks really good. I thought the pewter shoes would be an interesting pop, and I think it works. 



I'm still not sure I'm the biggest maxi length fan, even though this skirt is comfortable and fun. I think it takes a pretty awesome skirt to convince me to cover my best feature (ha!), but if I'd rock the length for any skirt it would be this one! 

4 comments:

  1. I really love this outfit babe, I may have to borrow the skirt at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt's dark fade SO much! Good for you for showing your arms, trying a new pose and challenging yourself all around. PS I love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this skirt really had me at hello. The fact it matches the color scheme of the blog is just a bonus!

      Glad you like the banner! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thank you for the compliments, Brenda Jean! I appreciate your feedback. Don't be a stranger!

      Delete