Wednesday, February 1, 2012

02/01/12 OOTD: Reveal

So, here we are, February 1st - The first day of my month in skirts & dresses.

Yesterday I hosted a poll on the blog to let the readers help me decide what to start the month off with, a skirt or a dress. Although the poll was really last minute, I did manage to get a few votes (thank you to those who voted!), and it was a near landslide in favor of skirts, 6 to 1. To choose what skirt I would base my outfit around, I headed over to my Flickr photostream and checked out my most popular outfits. This outfit is based around the "most interesting" skirted outfit I have on Flickr, Crossed. I'm a little surprised that this is the most popular skirt photo that I have, though I'm willing to bet that it might be because it's the shortest skirt I have. Actually, I guess that's oddly predictable, haha.

The shirt I wore in the original photo is the best match that I have in my closet, but I really wanted to do something different (as I did say I would try to do so whenever possible). This is the outfit I put together for this skirt this go around, which overall I'm very pleased with.


Sweater: Shadow stripe dolman sleeve sweater from Deb
Shirt: Skeleton shirt, gift from wife
Skirt: Red camo mini by Tripp NYC
Tights: Kunert satin look 20 in black
Heels: Belted bootie by Barefoot Tess

The only difference here really is the top. I thought about trying different shoes, but truthfully the heels make my legs look too good to pass on, and these particular heels go really well with the shadow stripe pattern of the sweater. I had hoped that the shirt underneath would show through a bit more than it does, because it's a really cool effect ...

02/01/12 OOTD: Reveal'd
There's something symbolic to this outfit. I think it's really important not to hide who you are; have the courage to be yourself and let it all show! I feel this outfit is the perfect one to start this journey with, and I hope you all will enjoy following along as I show you a glimpse into the life of a boy in a skirt.

Let me know what you think below.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any kind of profile to where these comments can be made without being anonymous (I'm the one who's been 'anonymously' praising the last few outfits) and I have to say, as I keep scrolling, I am more and more impressed! It's wonderful to see your style grow and even fluctuate while still keeping your own signature look.
    Ps. I really love *everything* about this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your comments! I appreciate each and every one.

      Delete
  2. Love the flashing bones with the outfit

    ReplyDelete