Saturday, August 6, 2011

Introductions

Welcome to His Black Dress, a freestyle fashion blog by Michael Spookshow.

I thought it best to start things off with a bit of an introduction, both of myself and the intent of this blog.

So how about a little about the writer first? Put simply, I’m just a spooky boy in my mid-twenties living in sunny Florida. I’m happily married to a wonderful & beautiful woman who I will refer to as Mrs. Spookshow in this blog. I’m a proud geek with a love for tabletop wargaming. I’ve always had a love for gothic and alternative fashion. Growing up, my parents always told me that the most important thing in life was to have the courage to always be myself, to forge my own path, and that is something I have always tried to do … I just happen to do it in heels.

The purpose of this blog is to promote men’s freestyle fashion. This means men wearing skirts, dresses, heels, & other items currently viewed as acceptable everyday fashions for women only. This is not about crossdressing, any more than the modern woman crossdresses when she wears jeans & a t-shirt. It’s about style without arbitrary boundaries based on gender alone, and about men having freedom of expression in fashion.

My hope is that this blog will show other men with an interest in freestyle fashion that it’s okay to be yourself and express yourself through style. It’s okay to be a little different. This blog is not just for men, however, as the support & knowledge of women is important in this movement as well. My hope is that one day a man in a dress will be no more taboo than a woman wearing jeans & a t-shirt.

Of course, the introduction to His Black Dress just wouldn’t be complete without a picture of the author in his black dress …

Revenge of the Moto Dress!

To see more of my looks, or to comment on specific looks, please visit my Flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mspookshow/

2 comments:

  1. Bravo on being bold enough to provide such an informative blog on men's freestyling. I certainly like what you're doing here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad-lookin' fella. Or it could be the dress... :P
    Still, you've got a follower ^_^ Hope to continue reading your thoughts, because they seem strikingly familiar to my own... Which will prove an interesting read~

    ReplyDelete